Prized Writing 2016-2017
January 17, 2017
January 17, 2020
Dangling Modifier Spring 2021
Emilie DeFazio & Christine Neuman
Communications Assistant, Parents & Families Program
California State University, Sacramento, Aug 2019 to Dec 2020
- Wrote and Designed eNewsletters for parents of students attending Sacramento, an audience of 20,000.
- Communicated through email and marketing the needs of students-with-children to university programs and faculty.
- Promoted events for children’s care, program events and student socials.
- Designed marketing materials including email campaigns, online and print flyers, and social media (Facebook Creator Studio, Instagram).
- Filmed, edited and distributed promotional marketing videos and recorded program events via YouTube.
Development and Communications Intern
HumanitiesDC, Washington, D.C., March 2016 to June 2016
- Used social media, email communications, and newsletters for D.C. public alerting of community poetry readings, family activities, and historical archival work.
- Developed family history project encouraging neighbors to collaborate in providing family history artifacts for a raffle prize.
Journalism and editorial
News Producer, CBS13 Sacramento
West Sacramento, CA, Nov 2017 to Aug 2019
- Assigned and wrote national and local news programming for morning broadcasts across the Sacramento region.
- Collaborated with directors, editors, writers and anchors to produce content for air within tight daily deadlines, including breaking news.
- Promoted stories through graphics, headlines and lower-thirds, practicing prompter copywriting and ease of communication from anchor.
Features Desk Editor, The California Aggie
University of California, Davis, June 2016 to June 2017
- Managed desk of 10 writers and assigned profiles, features, and human-interest pieces for online and print publication.
- Wrote in collaboration with the editorial board to cover local news and events, including on-campus elections and visiting lecture interviews.
- Coordinated the Best of Davis special edition, Spring 2017.
Distributed Proofreaders, Aug 2020 to Present
- Proofreads Public Domain texts for web-based conversion to e-readers.
- Collaborates with proofreading mentors and multimodal texts.